Monday, May 23, 2011

Simple comfort

With all of the rain here, and tornadoes there, I needed to cook comfort food.  Plus, my daughter stayed home sick from school, so it was the perfect opportunity to make chicken noodle soup... in the middle of May.  I used to make my noodles from scratch, until I found the most excellent frozen noodles that taste as good as homemade.

1 whole chicken
Grandma's frozen egg noodles
2 tsp. salt
3 cups water

First, boil the chicken until the meat falls off the bone.
Next, remove chicken and leave broth in the soup pot.

De-bone the chicken once chicken is cooled enough to handle.
Thaw noodles.
Add noodles, chicken, salt, and 3 cups water to broth in the soup pot.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 or 30 minutes or until noodles are tender.

Serve...and feel better!

Sign up for FREE Weekly Meal Planners

No comments:

Post a Comment